© 2020 Pentagon food group ltd. All rights reserved
Want to be part of our team?
Pentagon Food Group is one of the leading lights in the food distribution industry. We are able to supply to a range of quick service and fast food outlets, the hotel industry and other dining and catering establishments. In order to provide the best quality service to our clients, we aim to be a ‘one-stop-shop’ solution for all your catering needs. Our employment beliefs and objectives are as follows:
Equal Opportunities Policy
- It is the Policy of The Pentagon Food Group to treat all Employees (and indeed all persons including all job applicants) fairly and equally regardless of their gender, orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age or disability.
- This policy applies equally to the recruitment and selection process, terms of employment, in addition to every other aspect of employment.
- The Pentagon Food Group expects all Employees and Contractors as well as its customers to comply with the policy and act in accordance with its objectives. An act of discrimination by an employee or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy may result in disciplinary action.
- The Pentagon Food Group will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits and that this policy has been complied with.
Open Door Policy
- The Pentagon Food Group has adopted an Open Door Policy for all employees. This means, literally, that every manager’s door is open to every employee. The purpose of our open door policy is to encourage open communication, feedback, and discussion about any matter of importance to an employee.
- We are all at The Pentagon Food Group ONE TEAM.
Fairness at Work
- In order ensure fairness, the Pentagon Food Group will show that there is equal access to opportunity, clear processes and open communication, and a feedback system which facilitates constructive conversations.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further information & recruitment processing however we keep profiles with us for future job openings.
Pentagon Food Group is looking for highly organized candidates with great attention to detail for the position of Business Intelligence Manager. The primary responsibilities include driving business intelligence and analytics activities. The BI Manager will be designing and monitoring reports on KPIs and ensure data accuracy and adherence to legal and regulatory standards, among other duties, while maintaining excellent organizational skills and data integrity.
- Develop and prepare strategies for Business Intelligence processes for the organization.
- Prepare architecture for data, prepare strategies and provide business object solutions as per requirements.
- Perform analysis on organization processes and provide appropriate results.
- Supervise efficient working of all Business Intelligence projects and analyze requirements and perform appropriate tests on same.
- Manage and customize all ETL processes as per requirement.
- Analyze all complex data and identify requirements for business enhancement.
- Supervise and ensure efficient working of employees in organization.
- Perform assessment on all reporting requirements and develop long term strategy for various reporting solutions.
- Maintain and transform all strategies in operational plans according to business priorities and within budget.
- Provide support to all business resources and monitor all requirements for various value-added service.
- Work with process development and coordinating teams.
- Manage all data for transactional sources and prepare effective reports.
- Microsoft Power BI professional
- Familiarity with other BI visualization tools like Tableau and Qlik view.
- Knowledge of data warehousing.
- Hands on experience in SQL and other programming languages.
- Advance excel user.
- 3 to 5 years of similar experience.
- IT graduate.
- Analytical mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Logical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team Management.
PKR 50,000 per month during probation and revised to PKR 60,000 after confirmation.
An exciting opportunity is now live: Seeking a Transport Coordinator to be part of a growing and self-motivated team at Pentagon Food Group a UK based Food distribution Business.
PFG is looking to hire a motivated, highly committed, and customer-obsessed Transport Specialist. A Transportation Specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and delivery performance. A Transportation Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching & querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (verbal and written).
An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the verbal and written form. The candidate should be able to recommend process improvements and should have the passion to drive them to conclusion, The candidate should be proficient with excel and should be analytical.
Monday – Friday 13:00pm –22:00pm.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Transport Coordinator: Reporting to Head of Transport / Logistics Director.
- Using Transport related IT software to plan and co-ordinate Dailey transport departmental work
- Assisting with the supervision of all transport employees, including keeping in contact with drivers throughout the day and ensuring a full and effective de-brief is completed, passing any identified actions to the relevant person or department.
- Proactively identifying and resolving potential operational service failures to minimise complaints.
- Preparing daily computerised drivers’ routes in an efficient and achievable manner to ensure maximum productivity and revenue.
- Ensuring effective and economic utilisation of vehicle fleet whilst customer needs are met.
- Liaising with the vehicle workshops and Fleet department to ascertain fleet availability for the forthcoming day/week.
- Assisting Head of Transport / Logistics Director in Arranging third-party transport and temporary staff as and when required.
- Assisting the Head of Transport / Logistics Director to ensure full compliance with the Company’s Operators Licence always.
- Downloading digital and analogue tachographs on a daily/weekly basis and reporting on any identified driving infringements. (Analysis)
- Keeping fleet Telematics system up to date and setting parameters to ensure driver compliance.
- Analysing Fuel consumption data and replenishment of Fuel, ordering fuel as and when needed.
- Up keeping and updating Fleet Check to ensure all information is recorded accurately and analysing information to produce high level management reports. (Weekly / Monthly )
- Assisting Head of Transport / Logistics Director in managing Resource / Planning rotas / and managing Holidays within the transport department.
- Assisting Head of Transport / Logistics Director to manage and understand key drivers within the transport budget.
- Organising departmental training
- Assisting with on boarding and recruitment of Departmental Staff.
- Updating departmental financial reports.
- Organising Dailey Vehicle Bay allocations and liaising with operations staff and Head of Transport / Logistics Director and drivers to ensure smooth operational flow.
- Strong computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. Should be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service
- Should be flexible to adapt to support a 24-7 operating environment.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to help improve process efficiency and quality
- Live tracking of Vehicles trailers and resolving issues or arranging alternatives in case of any incident, ensuring drivers are within the parameters set .etc.
- Work in a dynamic environment with an ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
What your role will involve as Transport Planner:
- Developing key relationships with Drivers / Helpers to achieve overall department objectives
- Overcome any obstacles that will come your way relating to delays or possible threats to ensuring our customers freight is delivered on time.
- Working closely with the team ensuring a high standard of service is delivered to our customers.
- Organising vehicle recovery and assisting breakdowns with third party service providers
- Organising and scheduling maintenance work through fleet check.
The experience needed in order to be considered:
· Worked as a Transport Planner, or equivalent, for a minimum of 3 years within a Logistics business.
·· Delivering the best Customer Service is our priority, this must be at the forefront of your mind, providing transparency and honesty at all times and aiding in the retention of customers.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Day-to-day planning and running of the Fleet.
- Responding to customer orders to fulfil them via routing and sequencing
- Prioritising workload, route planning, driver brief and de-brief.
- Liaising with colleagues at other depots within the company to produce optimal delivery solutions across the network.
- This role is ideally suited to an individual who has previous experience within traffic planning and is looking to take on an exciting new challenge.
- Essentially like any traffic-planning role the overall objective is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
- Sound knowledge of the commercial aspects of operating a fleet.
- Disciplined and methodical approach and able to keep up with changing priorities.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail whilst working under pressure.
- The ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity with common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office or equivalent.