Recently, we shared that Pentagon Food Group’s values are focused on the word RESPECT, and that our customers are at the forefront of everything that we do. The second “E” in our values stands for Ethical Approach. So, what does this mean to us and what are we focusing on, to make sure our Ethical Approach is delivered and embedded in our culture?
The Oxford English dictionary defines ethics as: The moral principles governing or influencing conduct. Ethics are involved in many of our Company decisions as they affect our team, our customers and the organisations connected with Pentagon Food Group. What may seem right to one person can seem unspeakable to another and this can undermine our own integrity, which can be a double-edged sword at times. Therefore, being aware of how to make ethical decisions is an essential practice in our Company.
What are Our Ethical Values?
The world is forever evolving, and this means that our Company will always adapt our approach to this subject when needed. To ensure that we involve our Team, customers, third-party partners and the local community, Pentagon Food Group’s Ethical Approach is centered around and focused on the following points:
- To see things as they are, not as we want them to be
- To lead by setting an example of good ethical conduct and problem-solving skills
- To never give the impression that we don’t care that improper actions are taking place
- We commit to being involved in the process
- To anticipate ethical conflicts and find solutions
- To communicate well and make it easy for team members to share ideas or raise concerns
- We establish the language of ethics with those in our Team
- We accept people to have different standards
- To remember that people are normally not as ethical as they think they are
- We define ethical expectations early in the workplace
- Support efforts to uphold high standards for ethical conduct, communicate about ethics, and solve ethical dilemmas
- To be patient with each other
- To be consistent and predictable
- To remember that virtue is its own good reward
- To protect our Team (good health, strong self-esteem, and desire to improve a situation, good communication skills, and reputation as a Company of integrity)
- To challenge ourselves and keep learning.
Summing It Up!!
Overall, our Ethical Approach is there to maintain Pentagon Food Group’s business reputation, to limit risks using our business ethics, to retain our talent and most importantly, make it a great place to work for our team.